Tuesday, May 5, 2009

BriAnne's Baby Nursery

In April I got to fly to my sweet mommy-to-be's house and help her complete her nursery. We had a wonderful week together. We shopped and played and stitched and watched girl movies and sewed and shopped and ate and shopped some more and worked too. I loved going to her OB/GYN appt. with her and getting the scoop from her doctor, mommy and baby are doing so well! We had fun finding cute things to put it all together. This is what you see when you first walk in the room.
These darling decorations are from Rod Works, a great place to check out if you are ever in American Fork.

BriAnne found the beautiful bedding and the neat chandelier (it's vinyl). There will be a all hanging on the left side soon. I found a cross stitch picture of a baby holding a teddy bear that I made when I was 18 and newly married in Mexico. So Bri is going to frame it and complete the wall. Isn't that damask so cute?!


Back wall next to the closet with a Baby's First Year calendar and neat Tai Pan Trading clock, in pink and black of course :)


That glider is the best thing ever, sure wish I would have had one of those when I was having babies. We made the curtains and the cute little ruffled tie backs and we lined them with a black out fabric so the room will be darker for nap time.

Hanging the chandelier was fun too, not hard and makes the room look to cute. The curtains are a damask print with chandeliers on them too!


This is my favorite part...the LOVE wall. I want to do something like this in my office at home. What a great idea Bri! All in all it was a wonderful memory for me to spend that time with our BriAnne and such fun as we are anticipating Summer's arrival. :)

Here's a virtual tour of the nursery! :)



6 comments:

Jake & Sarah Salmon said...

Very nice Momma! you and BriAnne are quite the decorating team! The nursery looks fantastic!! I'm so excited to see it in real life!

BriAnne said...

That was such a wonderful week, Mom! Thank you so much for taking the time to come up. I have to say I am really impressed with us! That nursery looks GREAT! haha!

Kelsey and Dallas said...

yay for nuseries!! I'm so excited for her to come!...but mom i think you hate me...i'm the only child NOT on your fifteen new blogs. this saddens me. but I love you.

readerfam said...

don't be sad kels...I just ran out of time last night. i still need to blog about your wedding and christmas....I LOVE YOU silly!! xoxo

Lara said...

so stinkin' cute! I still have no idea where I'm going to put this baby after he grows out of the cradle in my room!!?? I love the "heritage" wall...

Connie said...

Good job you two! What an exciting time for your whole family! We still need to do lunch!