Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Cinco de Mayo
You won't believe what happened yesterday! It was about 6:30 in the evening and Robbie came into the kitchen and said "Mom, it's Cinco de Mayo, we have to do something!" Then he said, "I've got it- a pinata party". He then gave me an assignment to call all the nieces and nephews and invite them to a pinata party at our house at 7:30. He left to go buy everything and told me to call him with a headcount. I called and told him that only 2 of my siblings and their kids could come (about a dozen) and he said great. He returned just after 7:00 with FIVE LIFESIZE PINATAS and enough candy to fill them all twice!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. Robbie was SOOO excited. He got us all in an assembly line to fill them and then put up rope outside to hang them. Well you can imagine the squeals of delight from little cousins as they realized they were at a party like no other they'd ever been to. Their parents looked at me like "what are we supposed to do with ALL this candy?!" hee hee. Even Luke who hardly ever talks when he's over here, could not stop laughing and jumping up and down. Robbie let them all take several turns and gave each of them a nice sized grocery bag to take home their "goods". They could hardly carry their bags they were so heavy. McKensie brought 2 of her nieces over too and they loved it. Robbie has a huge heart and is turning out to be SOOO much like his dad...."if 1 is good then 10 is better!" It was a night we will all fondly remember, THANK YOU Robbie for thinking big and making our Cinco de Mayo the BOMB!!
Robbie, Kelsey, and Westin's friend Brett, unloading Robbie's PACKED trunk full of candy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hahahaha I love it so much! Looks like way too much fun! I miss all those little ones! I can't wait to see you all soon! we need to get together for a family party while I'm there!
Oh that is too cool!! I've never seen pinatas that size!! Way to go, Robbie! You always know how to make a party super fun! :) And did he get a new car? Since when is it red? **I'm with Sarah, that we need to have a family party while we are there!
Post a Comment