This is my Terrific Dad with me on Father's Day. He is sitting in "his chair". For as long as I can remember, he's had "his chair". My sisters Kim, Denise, Katy, and I would spend many Father's Days and Birthdays rubbing Dad's feet and his neck and head redeeming "coupons" we'd given him. Dad is a wonderful example of steadiness...in life, in parenting, in the Gospel. He has always taught me to shoot for the best because he always told me I could make it. He's lonely now without my sweet Mom. Nearly everyday she would share "his chair" with him and watch tv or just snuggle-my Mom is tiny :) Now that she's gone we are trying to take good care of him and keep him happy with foot rubs, neck and head rubs and lots of pies. I love this good man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is a great picture! I never realized how much you look like Grandpa! I can really see it when you two are smiling!
Wow you two look a lot a like in this picture! We do have such a great grandpa!
Post a Comment